Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Read the article. Mr. Webb served in Vietnam under Regan. His response to Iraq war comments have been, “I know what it’s like to be on the ground. I know what it’s like to fight a war like this, and either — there are limits to what the military can do. Eventually, this is going to have to move into a diplomatic environment, and that’s where this administration seems to have blinders. They are not talking to Syria, they are not talking to Iran, and there are ways that we can do this, move this forward.”

"Asked at a news conference last week if he felt torn about his son heading to Iraq, given his views on the war, Mr. Webb replied: 'My son is doing what our family has always done. I’m very proud of his service. Like most people in the military, we separate politics out from service to country.'"

I don't really buy into the unconditionalness many ask when supporting the troops. It is very possible to support the troops but not the war. In fact, I think the best way to support them is by bringing them home, or out of harms way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home